This Broccoli Bacon Cheddar Salad is both easy and delicious! While low in calories broccoli is high in vitamins, nutrients and fiber. Broccoli belongs to a family of vegetables called cruciferous vegetables and its close relatives include brussel sprouts, cauliflower, and cabbage
Broccoli contains sulforophane, a sulfur-containing compound present in cruciferous vegetables. Researchers are studying the anti-cancer properties of sulforophane and have come to some interesting conclusions, but more research is needed. I don’t know about you but I am old and I need all the help I can get.
This beautiful broccoli salad brings it all together with sharp cheddar, crispy bacon, sweet sun ripened tomatoes, and crunchy almonds. This salad can be put together in about 15 minutes and is perfect for your next patio party or Saturday night dinner with BBQ! However don’t add the almonds and the bacon until you are ready to serve so they stay nice and crisp!
- 1 cup mayo
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons mirin or white sugar
- 1 head broccoli cut into bite size pieces ( I just use the flowerets and the small tender stems)
- 1 cup grape tomatoes sliced in half
- 1 large carrot sliced in thin rounds
- 1/3 cup finely chopped red onion
- 6 ounces cheddar cheese cut into very small cubes
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds
- 5 slices crispy cooked bacon
- In small bowl whisk mayo, red wine vinegar and mirin (sugar if substituting). In large bowl combine broccoli, tomatoes, carrots, red onion and cheddar. Gently stir in mayo mixture. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Right before serving fold in bacon and almonds.
Other recipes that would go perfect with this salad!
Chinese Five Spice Ribs
Pretzel Burger with Beer Cheese