I was reading a cookbook recently that talked about the wedge salad. The poor wedge hasn’t always had it easy. It was in for a while and out for a while but heaven knows it still makes one heck of a salad. Perhaps you have not had one for a while! Well this Cobb Wedge Salad will be just the right one to rekindle your love of the wedge!
This recipe throws in a little spinach right around the base of the wedge. It combine all the wonderful flavors of your favorite cobb salad like bacon avocado, egg and red onion!
Now top it with delicious homemade bleu cheese and you have yourself la piece de resistance! Bon appetit my friends!
- Blue Cheese Dressing
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1/4 cup bleu cheese crumbles
- Salt & pepper
- Wedge Salad
- 1 head iceberg lettuce cut in quarters
- 8 cups baby spinach
- 8 slices crispy bacon chopped
- 1/2 pint grape tomatoes sliced in half
- 1/2 red onion sliced very thin
- 4 hard boiled eggs peeled and diced
- 2 avocados peeled and diced
- 2 cups diced roasted chicken
- In a small mixing bowl combine mayonnaise, garlic, parsley, yogurt, lemon juice, vinegar and bleu cheese. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Cover and chill for at least 45 minutes.
- Place iceberg wedges on four large plates. Split spinach up equally and place around wedge. Top with bacon, tomatoes, red onion, eggs, avocado and chicken; split equally between the four plates.
- Top with the blue cheese dressing.
Other scrumptious salads you will love!
Strawberry Bacon Salad with Honey Poppy Seed Dressing
Black Bean Corn Salad