Well summer is here! It may not feel like it in your neck of the woods. It is a little on the cool side here in the Midwest but it will be hot before we know it. Once that heat takes a hold it won’t be cool enough to sit on the patio in the evenings anymore. So I will take these unseasonably cool temperatures as long as I can. I love cool crisp days. Memorial day is just a few days away! With it comes lots of wonderful barbecue. Have you made your meal plans? These are just a few of my favorites Dry Rub Sweet Barbecue Pork Tenderloin, Broccoli Bacon Cheddar Salad and Creamy Macaroni Salad.
This Creamy Potato and Green Bean Salad is so amazingly delicious and easy. Cooking the potatoes and beans ahead of time reduces the time to prepare this recipe to a little over five minutes. It can be fully prepared ahead of time and may even be better that way because the flavors are allowed to meld together! This recipe goes great with pork, chicken, hot dog, brats and so many other favorite summer barbecue favorites.
This beautiful Creamy Potato and Green Bean Salad combines red potatoes, green beans and red onions into a creamy taste bud experience. Are you a spud lover like myself? Did you know that potatoes contain almost half of your daily recommendation for vitamin C? They also have more potassium than a banana for all you exercise fans!! Visit Potato Nutrition for more interesting facts about potatoes.
This beautiful Creamy Potato and Green Bean Salad is perfect for any of your summer dinner or party plans. It is a family favorite and is gobbled up so quickly that leftovers are never an issue albeit they would be delicious!! Give this one a whirl and stop by and let me know what you think!
- 2 lbs small red potatoes
- 1 1/4 lbs fresh green bean trimmed
- 1/3 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup Italian dressing
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Salt & pepper to taste
- In large pot boil red potatoes for fifteen minutes. Add green beans the last five minutes of cooking. Drain well and run cold water over them to stop the cooking process. Refrigerate for at least one hour to overnight.
- In small bowl whisk Italian dressing, mayonnaise and mustard. Fold in potatoes and sprinkle with cilantro. Season with salt & pepper to taste. Refrigerate leftovers.
Other potato recipes you will love!!