Summer is almost here in full force. The day’s temperatures are creeping into the nineties and lawn is needing a sprinkle here and there. My hubby calls me the air conditioning gypsy so I am well aware of the heat that summer brings. I love to break out my crock pot during the summer months. It really helps keep the heat down when you don’t have to turn on the stove. It is a great advantage when you feel that grilling is just not a option. Have you tried any of my terrific crock pot recipes? Some of my favorites are Crock Pot Pork and Noodles, Crock Pot Italian Beef or Crock Pot Beef Carnitas.
Crock Pot Chuck Roast and Vegetables is tender flavorful slow cooked chuck roast, carrots and onions smothered with creamy beef gravy seasoned to perfection. It is such great comfort and close to heavenly when served over creamy homemade mashed potatoes. It takes just a few minutes to throw in the crock pot. You can come home to the most fabulous mouth watering smells and the finishing step is so quick and easy.
This Crock Pot Chuck Roast and Vegetables is the ultimate weeknight meal providing the family with a much needed delicious meal after a long day at work or school. In a hurry scrap the mashed potatoes and make it super simple by throwing in chunks of potatoes with the carrots and onions.
Got big eaters? You can easily increase the size of the chuck roast to 3 lbs and throw in another onion and a couple more carrots. You will not need to change any other part of the recipe.
Is the heat moving in yet? If not it will be soon and you can give this simple, fabulously tasty, Crock Pot Chuck Roast and Vegetables a whirl!
- Salt & pepper
- 1-2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2-3 lb chuck roast
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can low sodium beef broth
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
- 3 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1-2 onions quartered
- 3-4 large carrots cut in thirds
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- Optional: Mashed potatoes or cooked egg noodles.
- Salt & pepper both sides of the chuck roast. In large skillet heat olive oil over medium heat. Add chuck roast and brown on both side. Remove and place in crock pot. Add beef broth, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, parsley, oregano, onion powder, onions and carrots. Cook on high for 1 hour and low for an additional 4-5 hours.
- Remove chuck roast and vegetables and place on cutting board. Cover loosely with aluminum foil. Turn crock pot to high. Melt butter and whisk in flour. Slowly whisk butter/flour mixture (a little at a time) into the liquid in the crock pot. When fully whisked in cover and let cook for 5 minutes. Slice or separate chuck roast with fork. Serve with vegetables and gravy.
- Optional; Serve over mashed potatoes or egg noodles.
Other delicious comfort food recipes!