Do you remember eating drumstick ice cream cones? I remember thinking that they were the greatest thing since sliced bread. Did you eat all the chocolate coating first or did you go full gusto and bite into that delicious vanilla ice cream with your chocolate?
Well this pie will take you back a few years and remind you of all that is right with the world.
- 8 waffle ice cream cones
- 6 tablespoons butter melted
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 3 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 1 3/4 cup Ghirardelli semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1.5 quarts French Vanilla Ice Cream
- 1/4 cup refined coconut oil
- 3/4 cup chopped unsalted peanuts
- Pulse waffle cones in food processor until crumbly. Add butter, graham cracker crumbs, peanut butter and 1/4 cup chocolate chips. Pulse several times until well combined. Press into bottom and up the sides nonstick metal pie plate and freeze for 30-40 minutes.
- Remove ice cream from freezer and allow to thaw 10-15 minutes. Gently press ice cream in frozen waffle crust. Place in freezer for 30-40 minutes. Meanwhile place jar of coconut oil in warm water bath to melt.
- Melt remaining chocolate chips in microwave at 50% power for 1 minute. Remove from microwave and stir until bowl no longer feels warm. Add coconut oil and chopped peanuts. Continue microwaving at 50% power at 15 second intervals until smooth and melted. Pour over ice cream pie covering the entire top. Freeze until chocolate is set on top; approximately 30 minutes.
- This pie is a little difficult to slice. Pull the pie out of the freezer and allow to thaw 10-15 minutes. Heat slicing knife in hot water prior to slicing.