I love Hot Spinach Artichoke Dip. My whole family adores it. It is so delectable and creamy. The recipe that I have had for years calls for fresh spinach but if you want to use frozen spinach feel free just make sure all the moisture is squeezed out. For the base I use mayo and my go to cheeses are Swiss and freshly grated Parmesan.
I like to put the dip in two small corning ware baking rounds. That way you can stagger them in the oven and always have nice hot dip. This dip is perfect for football season and holiday parties. You can prepare ahead of time, cover with saran wrap and pop in the oven right before your guests start arriving!
I love to serve it with homemade crustinis!! Pretzel bites, Tostitos scoops, celery and carrot sticks all play well with the dip too!
Put the ingredients on your next grocery list so you can give it whirl! You will not be disappointed and your family and friends will be singing accolades.
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 can artichoke heart (14 ounce) coarsely chopped
- 1 cup mayo
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 fresh cracked black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups Swiss cheese shredded
- 1/2 cup fresh grated Parmesan
- 5 cups baby spinach coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- In medium bowl combine garlic, artichoke hearts, mayo, red pepper, onion powder, black pepper, Swiss cheese, Parmesan and spinach. Place in 1.5 quart oblong baking dish or two small 5 inch round corning baking dishes.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until the top is lightly browned. Serve with crustinis, chips or veggie sticks.
If you put them in two small round baking dishes you can stagger them into the oven.
Other delectable appetizers you will love!