I love the incredible edible egg. This omelette combines the fantastic flavors of black beans, corn, tomatoes, onions and cilantro. It is topped with a dab of Greek yogurt and drizzled with a lightly spiced Queso! You can top it with salsa for even more flavor
Look at that! It is almost too beautiful to eat but I am sure that you will find a way just as I did!
Well enough spoken! Make yourself a bon appetit and have a beautiful day!
- 1/2 can corn
- 1/2 can black beans
- 1 serrano pepper finely minced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 3/4 cup milk
- 4 ounces shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 pinch of onion powder
- 1 teaspoon sriracha
- 6 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 Roma tomato
- 4 green onions sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped cilantro
- Greek yogurt
- Salt & Pepper
- Combine corn, pepper and serrano pepper in small bowl and set aside.
- Melt butter in saucepan over low heat. Whisk in flour and stir until combined. Slowly add 3/4 cup of milk whisking continuously. Stir over low heat until thickened. Add Monterey Jack cheese, onion powder and srirarcha. Stir until melted and smooth over very low heat.
- Whisk eggs and 2 tablespoons milk in small bowl.
- Heat 10 inch nonstick skillet over medium low heat, pour 1/2 the egg mixture into the skillet. Cook until set. Add 1/2 the corn/bean mixture. Fold omelette, remove from pan and top with 1/2 of the tomato,1/2 of the green onions and 1/2 of the cilantro. Top with a dollop of Greek Yogurt and drizzle with the Monterey Jack cheese sauce. Salt & pepper to taste!