I love this time of year with all the hustle and the bustle. These no bake Mini Marshmallow Holiday Moon Pies are a delicious chocolate covered marshmallow sandwich cookie dressed up pretty for the holiday season. You can whip these up in about 20 -30 minutes. This recipes takes full advantage of Ritz Crackers and Jet Puffed Marshmallow Cream. This time of year calls for a few short cuts. As long as they are tasty shortcuts I am in full agreement. This recipe is what I call easy peasy so you can even have the kids help you with these. They are the perfect addition to your holiday baking list.
You can dress them up as little or as much as you want. I used sprinkles and chopped peppermint kisses but you could add chopped peppermint candies or chopped heath bars, toasted coconut or chopped peanuts. The possibilities are endless and are only limited by your imagination.
Aren’t they just darling? Do you remember the old moon pies? I loved the double decker chocolate ones. SO YUMMY! These little treats remind me of them with a little twist of Christmas goodies on the top.
Enjoy my friends. I hope you and yours have a very merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
- Ritz Crackers ( I used the snowflake ones)
- Jet Puffed Marshmallow Cream (7 ounce)
- Semi Sweet Chocolate Morsels (12 ounce bag)
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil (for thinning the chocolate)
- Peppermint kisses chopped
- Place 1 rounded teaspoon of marshmallow cream between two Ritz crackers.You do not want too much marshmallow cream in there or it will ooze out. Melt 1 cup chocolate and 1 tablespoon coconut oil in microwave according to instructions on the bag for melting the chocolate. Using fork dip cookie in melted chocolate turning gently. Remove with fork; shaking off excess. Place on wax paper and shake on sprinkles or chopped kisses. Allow to harden.
One bag of chocolate chips will make about 20 cookies. I split the bag of chocolate in half working with one batch at a time. I find it easier that way. You can also use almond bark but I think the real chocolate chips taste better. You can thin the chocolate out a little more with the coconut oil but it does start to pick up the coconut flavor.
Other Christmas cookies you will love!!