Spring is here and it is time to embrace all the fabulous flavors of the season. Of course most of us have access to fresh berries all year long however this time of year their flavor is at its peak and the price is usually at it’s lowest. It all goes back to that supply and demand equation that you learned about in your high school economics class. I love all the berries.
Have you tried any of my delectable berry recipes? Easy Homemade Biscuit Strawberry Shortcake, Raspberry Lemon Bread with Lemon Cream Cheese Frosting or Blueberry Cream Cheese Bars are just a few of my favorites. I always say I never meet a berry that I did not like. Raspberries are just so delicious and I am particularly fond of these Raspberry Lemon Cheesecake Mini Trifles.
There are lots of health benefits to including raspberries in your diet. Raspberries are an excellent source of vitamin C, manganese and dietary fiber.
These Raspberry Lemon Cheesecake Mini Trifles are layered with rich butter cake, lightly sweetened raspberry sauce and creamy lemon cheese cake filling. They can be prepared in wine glasses, mason jars or individual clear plastic glasses. They can be prepared ahead of time if you are entertaining a group or just have your hands full. These would be so elegant for Mother’s Day brunch, a graduation party or a bridal shower. Those short clear plastic cups would come in handy for parties because you could limit the portion and it is an easy dessert to eat standing up.
Aren’t they pretty? These Raspberry Lemon Cheesecake Mini Trifles are so delicious, adorable and perfect for your next special event or Saturday night treat. You can even bake the butter pound cake ahead of time. In a super hurry you can cheat and buy a store made pound cake.
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup butter (2 sticks) softened
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 1 box cream cheese softened (8 ounces)
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 5 cups fresh raspberries
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Spray 9 x 5 inch loaf pan with nonstick BAKING spray or grease and flour. .
- In medium bowl whisk together flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda. In stand mixer cream butter until light and fluffy. Add sugar a little at a time while continuing to beat. Turn mixer down to low and add eggs one at a time; mixing just until incorporated. Add vanilla and mix just until incorporated. With mixer on low add flour mixture and buttermilk alternating between the two; scrap down sides of bowl and beater. Mix just until incorporated. Spoon in loaf pan and bake 50-60 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- In small bowl using mixer beat cream cheese, lemon juice and 1/4 cup sugar until smooth and creamy. Set aside.
- In saucepan on low heat combine 4 cups raspberries and 1/3 cup sugar. Mix water and cornstarch with whisk. Slowly add cornstarch mixture; stirring gently. Continue simmering until slightly thickened. Remove from heat and allow to cool for 20 minutes. Stir in remaining cup of raspberries.
- Cut butter pound cake in squares that are 1/2 inch. Place 6-8 cubes in each glass (more or less depending on glass size). Spoon raspberry sauce over and top with lemon cheesecake filling.
This recipe makes four trifles in stemless wine glasses. You will have butter pound cake leftovers so don't cut the whole loaf. You can speed up the recipe by purchasing an already made pound cake.
More recipes you will love!