This fantastically simple and delicious salad is sure to become one of your favorites.
This salad is the perfect blend of tangy, sweet and salty. You are going to love the strawberries, feta, bacon and walnuts. They go together like Abbott and Costello or Fred & Ginger! Okay now I am really dating myself!!
Now add a delicious sweet and tangy poppy seed dressing and you will feel like you got the world by the tail!
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 3 tablespoons mayo
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1 lb mixed salad greens including spinach, romaine and spring greens
- 1/4 of a large red onion very thinly sliced
- 1/2 lb. strawberries sliced
- 2/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 3/4 cup feta cheese
- 4 slices crispy cooked bacon crumbled
- In medium nonreactive bowl whisk vinegar, honey, Dijon mustard, vegetable oil, poppy seeds and mayo. Add salt & pepper to taste.
- In a large wide bowl spread greens, top with red onion, strawberries, walnuts, feta cheese and bacon.
- Drizzle dressing over the top and toss.