Honest to goodness you can never have enough easy kid friendly recipes. Even if you don’t have kids I am sure that your friends do or maybe your kids are all grown and you have grand-babies. Or maybe you just love pizza and Tex Mex!! These 20 Minute Kid Friendly Tex Mex Pizzas are delectable and oh so quick and easy. I like to crisp the flour tortillas in the oven before assembling the pizzas as this helps keep them crispy through the process. I also like to use a thin layer of refried beans. This a meatless recipe however feel free to adapt to your own liking. Small pieces of cooked chicken or cooked ground seasoned beef would be delicious on these.
Have you tried any of my other Tex-Mex recipes? Easy Chicken Enchilada Dip, Mexican Pork Rice Bowl and Chicken Fajita Salad with Chipotle Ranch are some family and friend favorites. There is just something amazing about these dishes as they are loaded with so much flavor! We love this Fiesta Lime Chicken from fellow Blogger Baking Beauty
These 20 Minute Kid Friendly Tex Mex Pizzas are double decker flour tortilla pizzas stuffed with refried beans and layered with taco sauce, cheddar, mozzarella, black olives, tomatoes and green onion. You can serve with sour cream and fresh guacamole if your heart desires. They make a perfect lunch or light supper! They are best served right out of the oven but please allow a minute or two so you don’t burn your mouth.
These delicious 20 Minute Kid Friendly Tex Mex Pizzas can be all yours in a matter of minutes and a short list of ingredients. Put them on your to try list today.
20 Minute Kid Friendly Tex Mex Pizzas
- 12 (8 inch) flour tortillas
- 1 can (16 ounce) refried beans
- 1 jar (8 ounce) taco sauce
- 1 1/2 cups cheddar shredded
- 1 1/2 cups Monterey Jack shredded
- 1/2 cup sliced black olives
- 2/3 cup sliced grape tomatoes
- 2 green onions sliced
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place flour tortillas in single layer on baking sheets and cook for 2-3 minutes. Flip and cook for 2 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Spread about 2 tablespoons of refried beans over 6 tortillas. Top with remaining tortillas making 6 pizzas. Spread 2 tablespoons taco sauce on the top of the six pizzas. Sprinkle both cheeses over pizzas and place in oven for 5 minutes. Remove from oven and top with black olives, tomatoes and green onions. Return to oven for 1-2 minutes.
Other pizza recipes you will love!