This delectable and adorable Andes Mint Mini Cheesecakes Recipe combines chocolate graham cracker crust with creamy mint flavored cheesecake all topped with a swirl of rich chocolate and Andes Mint Candies. These little cuties make great party desserts and can be prepared and frozen ahead of time.
There is a special place in my heart for cheesecake. These little Andes mint cheesecakes are packed full of decadent mint and chocolate flavor. They are the perfect balance between your sweet tooth and your workout! Who says you can’t have your cake and eat it too. If you love entertaining and cheese cake than you may want to invest in a mini cheesecake pan. They are relatively inexpensive and with removable bottoms they make these sweet treats a breeze.
How do you make Andes Mint Mini Cheesecakes?
First combine chocolate graham cracker crumbs, sugar and melted butter. Divide evenly in the bottoms of the cheesecake pan. You can alternately use a standard muffin/cupcake pan with cupcake liners.
Now using a stand or hand mixer on medium blend cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Turn the blender to low and add the egg, mint extract and food coloring mixing just until incorporated. Spoon cream cheese mixture evenly over the chocolate crust. Bake for 25 minutes. Turn off the oven and prop open the oven door with a wooden spoon allowing them to cool down slowly. Finally chill them in the pan inside the refrigerator for several hours up to overnight.
Carefully remove them from the pan and slide off the round disks at the bottom of the cheesecakes. Melt chocolate chips according to instructions on packaging. Top each cheesecake with a heaping tablespoon of melted chocolate and a few pieces of chopped Andes mint candy. Store in refrigerator until ready to serve.
Helpful tips for making Andes Mint Mini Cheesecakes
- Plan ahead and soften your cream cheese to room temperature. It will be much easier to beat it and get all of the lumps out.
- Warm your egg to room temperature.
- For best results use full fat cream cheese.
- Do not over-mix the cream cheese mixture after adding the egg as this can cause too much air in the cheesecake.
- Do not open the oven door while they are baking as fluctuations in temperature can cause cracks.
- After baking for 25 minutes turn off the oven, prop open the oven door with a wooden spoon and allow the cheesecakes to cool down slowly.
- You can buy whole chocolate graham crackers and crush them in a food processor. It will take about 8-9 graham crackers depending how fine you crush them.
- These mini cheesecakes need to be stored in the refrigerator. They freeze well when double wrapped in freezer bags and stored in a sturdy freezer container for up to 2 months. Remember to defrost in the fridge and not on the counter.
They are diminutive in size but not in flavor!! Packed full of chocolate and mint right up to the Andes mints on the top!
Other Mini Cheesecake Recipes you will love!
- Black Forest Mini Cheesecakes
- Mini Lemon Cheesecakes
- Mini S’mores Cheesecakes
- Mini Peanut Butter Cheesecakes
- Mini Cheesecakes
This post was originally published December 15, 2015 and was republished November 23, 2019 with new content.Print
Andes Mint Mini Cheesecakes
These delectable Andes Mini Cheescakes are party worthy, freezer friendly, and absolutely adorable. Enjoy these chocolate graham cracker crust mint filled cheesecakes topped with chocolate and Andes Mint candies.
- Prep Time: 20
- Cook Time: 25
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 14 mini cheesecakes 1x
- Category: dessert
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: American
- Nonstick baking spray
- 1 1/4 cups chocolate graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 4 tablespoons butter melted
- 2 (8 ounce) boxes of cream cheese softened
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon mint extract
- 4 drops green food coloring
- 1 1/4 cups chocolate chips
- 15 Andes mints coarsely chopped.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees and spray mini cheesecake pan with non stick baking spray.
- Combine graham crackers, 2 tablespoons sugar and butter. Divide in the mini cheesecake pan evenly. Press down gently with a spoon.
- In a stand mixer blend cream cheese and 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar until smooth and creamy. Add the egg, mint extract and food coloring: mix just until incorporated on low. Spoon cream cheese mixture over the chocolate graham crackers; dividing evenly.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Turn off the oven, prop open the oven door with a wooden spoon and allow the cheesecakes to cool down slowly.
- Remove from oven and chill for several hours or overnight before removing from pan.
- Melt chocolate chips in microwave according to manufacturers instructions. Top each mini cheesecake with a heaping tablespoon of chocolate and a few pieces of Andes mints.
Keywords: best mini cheesecake recipe, cheesecake, chocolate mint cheesecake recipe, easy mini cheesecake recipe, holiday desserts for a crowd, how to make mini cheesecakes, mini cheesecake, mini cheesecake cups, mini cheesecake recipe, mini cheesecakes with graham cracker crust, treats for Christmas and New years parties