This beautiful Bacon Mushrooms Quiche is bursting with flavor. This wonderful recipe makes two quiches. One for now and one for later. It works out perfect because most ready made deep dish crusts come in packs of two. This Bacon Mushroom Quiche is easy enough for the weekend and fancy enough for company. It would be perfect for a luncheon party. Served with a fresh garden salad tossed with a light vinaigrette, fruit kabobs, and a Peach Sorbet Bellini would make for a complete meal.
Fresh bell peppers, mushrooms cooked to golden perfection, crispy bacon, sharp cheddar and sweet nutty Swiss are combined to make this wonderful quiche a tasty treat. This beauty takes about 20 minutes to prep and a little under an hour to cook. I use premade frozen pie crusts for this recipe as mornings are usually pretty busy around here and everyone is starving. Premade crusts have come a long way in the last decade or so!!
So put this on your recipes to do list. You and your family are going to love the wonderful array of veggies and taste tantalizing experience.Print
Bacon and Mushroom Breakfast Quiche
Looking for an easy brunch dish? This light and fluffy breakfast quiche is packed with bacon, mushrooms, tomatoes, peppers, and more. It’s a simple weekend recipe that family and friends will enjoy!
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 65 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 25 minutes
- Yield: 2 quiche 1x
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
- 2 premade deep dish frozen crust
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 6 large mushroom sliced
- 1/2 onion finely chopped
- 1/2 red pepper seeded and small dice
- 1/2 green pepper seeded and small dice
- 1 large clove garlic minced
- 10 large eggs
- 1 1/3 cups whole milk
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 tablespoon fresh chive
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Swiss
- 5 slices crispy cooked bacon chopped
- Defrost frozen pie crust on the counter for about 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and cook the pie shells for ten minutes. Remove from oven.
- Add butter to large skillet over medium heat. When melted add mushrooms. Cook mushroom until moisture has evaporated and the mushrooms are starting to turn golden brown. Add the onion and cook for two minutes. Add the peppers and cook for additional 2-3 minutes. Turn heat to low and add garlic cook for 1 minute. Remove pan from heat.
- In large bowl beat eggs. Whisk in milk, ground mustard, chives, tarragon, and salt. Stir in cheddar, Swiss, pepper/mushroom mixture and bacon..
- Bake at 350 degrees for 55-60 minutes or until set.
Keywords: breakfast quiche, bacon and mushroom quiche, brunch quiche recipe, easy breakfast quiche
Other delectable recipes you will love!!