There is just something wonderful and comforting about pasta. I know! I know we are not supposed to be consuming these carbs all the time but everything in moderation right? This Bacon Mushroom Zucchini Tortellini is so easy to prepare and tastes so dog gone divine.
This recipe can easily be prepared in about 20 minutes so it is a perfect weeknight recipe. There are only a handful of ingredients and the result is going to be a tantalizing taste bud treat. There are so many change ups that you could do with this recipe. You don’t like bacon add ham. You really don’t care for mushrooms add peas. If zucchini is not your thing add peppers or spinach. I know from all these years of cooking that you don’t scrap a great recipe because there is an ingredient that you don’t like. Come up with a a substitution. Don’t throw the baby out with the bath water.
I hope your family loves this recipe as much as we do. If you sub an ingredient and it turns out great let us know. I love to hear about your creations as well!
Bacon Mushroom Zucchini Tortellini
- 10 ounces frozen cheese tortellini
- 6 slices bacon diced coarsely
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 8 ounces white button mushrooms sliced
- 1 zucchini cut in small cubes
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Cook tortellini according to package instructions. Drain well in colander,
- Add bacon to skillet over medium heat. Cook until just starting to brown on the edges. Add butter and mushrooms to skillet and cook until liquid has been absorbed and the mushrooms are starting to turn golden brown. Add zucchini and cook until it is lightly browned on the edges; approximately 2-3 minutes. Remove all veggies from skillet and place on plate. Do NOT cover because you do not want them to get soggy, Do not wash skillet.
- Add wine to the same skillet over low heat; scrapping the bottom to loosen brown bits. Reduce wine by half. Add cream and cook until warm and desired consistency; approximately 5 minutes. Slowly add Parmesan cheese; stirring to melt. Add garlic powder, salt & pepper to taste, bacon/veggie mixture and cooked tortellini.
Cheesy Stove Top Spaghetti