How is your spring going? We are having a marvelous spring. The nights and early mornings are cool and crisp. The days are warm enough for shorts and comfy t-shirts! The rain is a little sparse but some is in the forecast for this evening. The deciduous trees are all out and everything is a lovely shade of hunter green. This is just the way hubby and I love it.
I have such a fond place in my heart for pasta. There are so many great recipes you can create with pasta and so many different pasta combinations. The possibilities are endless and only limited by your own imagination. Have you tried any of my pasta recipes? Chicken Cordon Bleu Pasta Casserole, Pasta Milano and Bacon Asparagus Cajun Pasta are all tasty and delicious. My newest pasta recipe Bacon Sausage Sun Dried Tomato Angel Hair Pasta is an easy creamy skillet recipe that can be prepared in about fifteen minutes. It is loaded with bacon, chicken sausage, sun-dried tomatoes and baby spinach. The list of ingredients is short but the pasta is loaded with plenty of fabulous flavor.
Now pasta is not something we can do all the time around here but when we do we make sure we do it up big! As they say go big or go home. This Bacon Sausage Sun Dried Tomato Angel Hair Pasta lives up to that and more. Even my picky tweens love this dish and hubby will wrangle me for the last spoonful.
So what are you waiting for? This Bacon Sausage Sun Dried Tomato Angel Hair Pasta can be on your table this evening. I know it is a busy day but everyone has twenty minutes. You can thank me later! Just kidding!
Bacon Sausage Sun Dried Tomato Angel Hair Pasta
A creamy and hearty pasta dish, this sun dried tomato and sausage pasta is combined with crispy bacon and spinach, coated in a rich sauce.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Italian
- 8 ounces angel hair pasta
- 4 slices uncooked bacon coarsely chopped
- 3–4 links chicken sausage cut in 1/4 inch thick rounds
- 2 shallots thinly chopped
- 1 cup sun dried tomatoes (packed in oil)
- 4–6 cups baby spinach
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2/3 cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook angel hair pasta according to box instructions. Drain well.
- In large skillet over medium heat brown bacon. When bacon is almost browned add sausage and finish browning both. Remove from skillet and plate. Drain all but 1 tablespoon of grease from skillet.
- Add shallots and cook for 1-2 minutes. Add sun-dried tomatoes and cook for 1 minute. Turn heat to low and add spinach and cook until just starting to wilt. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute. Stir in chicken broth and cream and simmer for 1-2 minutes. Turn off heat and slowly stir in Parmesan cheese. Add bacon, sausage and pasta to skillet. Gently stir to combine. Serve immediately.
Keywords: sun dried tomato and sausage pasta, angle hair pasta, creamy bacon and sausage pasta
Other recipes you will love!