I am of the firm belief that one can never have enough great chicken recipes. I mean honestly it has got to be the most versatile protein on God’s green earth. There are so many great things that you can do with it! Have you tried any of my other awesome chicken recipes like Sun Dried Tomato and Mozzarella Stuffed Chicken, Easy Creamy Chicken Mushroom Asparagus Skillet or Barbecue Chicken Cobb Salad? Those are just a few of my favorites but I could go on and on!
Have you ever tried blackened chicken? It is amazing and pretty simple. This Blackened Chicken Salad with Sweet Corn Salsa is the perfect combination of slightly spicy peppery chicken and sweet corn tomato salsa. It is served on a crisp bed of romaine lettuce and topped with an easy to make chipotle pepper salsa ranch. Made this last night for the first time and I think it needs to got back on the rotation this week. It is so flavorful. It will give your taste buds a delicious treat.
Not only is this Blackened Chicken Salad with Sweet Corn Salsa a taste treat but it is so pretty. It looks company worthy to me. It would perfect for a small luncheon or easy dinner party accompanied by lots of pass around appetizers. I love doing the unconventional. I mean I am the lady who served quiche for Easter dinner and everyone loved it!
This salad is full of protein, fiber, antioxidants, vitamins and minerals. Did you know that there 43 grams of protein in one cup of chopped chicken? Protein is what keeps your appetite in check and makes you feel full for hours.
Put this Blackened Chicken Salad with Sweet Corn Salsa on your list to make this week. It is delectable, nutritious, gorgeous and simple to make. Your family is going to love it!
Blackened Chicken Salad with Sweet Corn Salsa
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 2 large chicken breasts cut in half lengthwise
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup grape tomatoes sliced in half
- 1/4 cup red onions sliced thin
- 1 small jalapeno minced
- 1 cup cooked corn
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2/3 cup favorite ranch dressing
- 1/4 cup salsa (or salsa style tomatoes)
- 1 tablespoon adobo sauce ( from can of chipotle peppers in adobo sauce)
- 2 small heads romaine (trimmed and chopped)
- In small bowl mix oregano, salt, thyme, black pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, paprika and cayenne pepper. Sprinkle over both sides of chicken breasts and let set for 20 minutes. Heat olive oil in large ovenproof skillet over medium heat. Brown chicken breasts two at a time. If needed add 1 more tablespoon of olive oil. Allow breast to get good and brown to sear in those spices. Place ovenproof skillet in 400 degree oven for about 12 minutes or until the chicken is 165°F: Allow the chicken to rest for 10 minutes.
- In small bowl combine tomatoes, red onions, jalapeno, corn and 2 tablespoons lemon juice. Set aside.
- In small bowl combine ranch dressing, salsa, and adobo sauce.
- On 4 large plates divide romaine and drizzle with 1/4 of the ranch/salsa dressing. Cut each breast in slices and carefully lay on top, equally divide the corn tomato salsa and spoon around the chicken. Serve promptly.
The spices can be mixed in advance and stored in a Ziploc bag or airtight container.
Adobo sauce can be food in the Mexican food section of your local grocery store. It is a can of chipotle peppers in adobo sauce and they will keep stored in an airtight container in your refrigerator for several weeks. You can also flash freeze them and individually store in small Ziploc freezer bags since most recipes only call for one chipotle pepper or some of the sauce. . They can be used in sauces, chilies, meatloaves, condiments, soups, sandwiches and tacos. The possibilities are only limited by your own imagination.
If you have a sensitivity to spicy foods you can eliminate this ingredient.
Other delicious recipes you will love!