Did you know that Idaho grows about 28% of the potatoes grown in the United States. Well thank you Idaho for making sure that we always have enough spuds to make us happy!!
These fantastic little beauties are sure to please with broccoli, bacon and plenty of cheese. These can be whipped in no time and can be served with your favorite chicken, steak or fish or maybe just a salad.
Maybe you can be successful at getting the little ones to like broccoli!
Of course who doesn’t like broccoli when you pair it with all these goodies.Print
Broccoli Bacon Cheddar Twice Baked Potatoes
- 1 1/2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 large russet baking potatoes
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 4 slices crisp cooked bacon chopped
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar
- 1/2 cup shredded provolone
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Place broccoli in microwavable bowl with 3 tablespoons water. Cover with plastic wrap and vent. Microwave on high for 1 minute. Drain water and chop broccoli.
- Bake potatoes until tender approximately 1 hour. Allow to cool for 30 minutes. Slice potatoes in half and scoop the insides into a large bowl, leaving about ¼ of an inch around the shell. Place empty shells back in the oven for about 10 minutes to crisp up.
- In large bowl with potatoes combine sour cream, onion powder, garlic powder, milk, cheddar and provolone. Mash until smooth. Fold in 3/4 of the bacon and broccoli. Top with the remaining bacon & broccoli.
- Divide mashed mix evenly between the shells. Top with remaining bacon and broccoli. Bake for 20 minutes turning on the broiler the last minute of cooking.