I love to spend my Sunday mornings cooking! Waffles are always a great hit! Buttermilk waffles are even better!
Now add a warm pecan pear sweet syrup and you have magic!
Or maybe a masterpiece! I hope your Sunday is magical, sweet and full of treats!Print
Buttermilk Waffles with Pecan Pear Sauce
- Yield: 8 1x
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 2 pears pealed and cut into small chunks
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup rum
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- Preheat waffle iron and spray with non stick cooking spray.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in small saucepan. Add pecans and cook for 1 minute. Add pears, brown sugar and rum and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon together in medium bowl.
- Add eggs to large non metallic bowl and whisk until light and fluffy. Add vanilla to eggs and whisk in.
- Add flour mixture to egg mixture 1/4 of it at a time alternating with 1/2 cup of buttermilk and mixing just until combined. Gently stir in melted butter just until combined.
- Pour batter into preheated waffle iron and cook until golden brown, about 3 minutes. Top with pecan pear syrup.