This Caprese Heirloom Tomato Pasta Salad is so easy and so delectable. It is chock full of summers wonderful bounty and brings in the sweet goodness of one of summers greatest treasure’s a medley of gourmet tomatoes. Tomato growers have gotten wise over the years and started planting lots of varieties of these sweet luscious beauties. Use the goodness that summer has to offer to send this pasta salad over the top.
Wonderful heirloom tomatoes combined with sweet whole milk mozzarella takes this pasta salad to a whole new level. The homemade balsamic vinegar is lightly sweetened and seasoned. Perfectly light and compliments the tomatoes and mozzarella wonderfully. Is your mouth watering yet? I know mine is!
This beautiful salad is perfect for Saturday lunch or your summer patio shindig. It can be whipped up in about 25 minutes and it sure to please your family and friends.
Caprese Heirloom Tomato Pasta Salad
- 6 ounces bowtie pasta
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic finely minced
- 2 cups sliced medley heirloom grape tomatoes
- 8 ounces whole milk mozzarella cubed
- 12–14 basil leaves cut in strips
- Cook pasta according to box instructions. Drain well and allow to cool.
- Combine olive oil, balsamic vinegar, brown sugar, dijon mustard and garlic in shaker bottle with tight fitting lid. Shake to combine.
- Combine pasta, tomatoes, mozzarella and basil strip. Drizzle with balsamic vinaigrette and stir gently to moisten.