Good Morning! It is time for breakfast. My favorite meal of the day.
I just picked up some of this delicious sausage. Going to make an omelet!
Doesn’t it look so darn yummy. Your taste buds are going to be tantalized.
You are going to love this omelet. It will get you charged up to tackle your day!Print
Caramelized Onion, Sausage & Pepper Omelette
- 3 large eggs plus 4 large egg whites
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 large onion cut in half and sliced in half inch slices.
- 1/2 red pepper diced
- 1 chicken sausage link diced
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1/2 cup provel ropes
- Nonstick Cooking Spray
- Mix eggs, egg whites, and milk in medium bowl.
- Melt 2 tablespoons of butter in skillet. Add onion and cook on medium low heat. Cook for at least 20 minutes stirring about every five minutes. Cook until they have turned a rich golden color. Add the diced sausage and red pepper. Cook for an additional 5-7 minutes. Remove from pan, cover and keep warm.
- Melt 1 tablespoon of butter in a nonstick skillet over medium low heat. Add 1/2 the egg mixture and cover with foil. Check every minute or so to see if the eggs are setting. When almost completely set add 1/2 of the cheeses. Cover for another 1-2 minutes. Add 1/2 of onion sausage pepper mixture and fold. Remove from pan.