I have been trying my best to focus on healthy recipes with a lot of flavor and this one is exactly that. I can’t wait to make it again.
Cut up a head of cauliflower into small (bite size pieces). Spray or brush with olive oil and roast for 20-25 minutes until just starting to brown. While it is roasting slice some yellow and red cherry tomatoes in half. I used red grape tomatoes because I think they are better tasting this time of year. Slice a large shallot.
In a bowl combine the white balsamic pear vinegar, olive oil, Dijon mustard, chives and garlic. Whisk a few times while you do a jig.
Put cooked cauliflower on a platter. Delicious. Oh go ahead have a piece.
Add tomatoes and shallots. Looks great.
Add bacon, bleu cheese and vinaigrette and toss. Chow is on!! Come and get it!!Print
Cauliflower Salad with Mustard Vinaigrette
- 1 large head cauliflower split into large bite size pieces
- 1/2 pint yellow cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 1/2 pint red cherry tomatoes or grape tomatoes cut in half
- 1 large shallot thinly sliced
- 4 tablespoons white balsamic pear infused vinegar
- 2 plus tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon dried chives
- 1 large clove garlic finely chopped
- 4 slices crisp cooked bacon diced
- 1/4 cup bleu cheese crumbled
- Put cauliflower on baking sheet. Spray or brush on olive oil. Bake at 425 degrees for twenty minutes or until lightly browned.
- Mix vinegar, 2 tablespoons olive oil, Dijon mustard, dried chives and minced garlic in a small bowl.
- Put cauliflower on a platter, add tomatoes, shallots, bacon, and blue cheese.
- Pour dressing on top and gently toss.
- Add sea salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste.
- If you don’t have a large head of cauliflower cut the dressing recipe by a 1/4.