Look at all that delicious goodness packed in one pot! This delicious soup combines cheese tortellini, roasted garlic & gruyere cheese sausage, spinach, roasted red peppers and carrots in an amazing broth seasoned just perfectly.
This perfect combination of goodies will be sure to tantalize your taste buds!
Cheese Tortellini & Chicken Sausage Soup
- 3 all natural chicken sausages cut on a diagonal (I used Aidells all natural roasted garlic & Gruyere cheese sausages)
- 1/2 medium onion chopped
- 2 small carrots sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 (12 oz) jar roasted red pepper drained and chopped
- 10–12 cups baby spinach
- 4 cups no salt chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups uncooked cheese tortellini
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- Add olive oil to dutch oven or heavy saucepan. Add sausages onions and carrots to the saucepan and cook until the sausage is lightly browned. Add garlic and cook an additional minute. Add roasted red pepper and spinach and cook until the spinach is wilted.
- Add chicken broth, pepper, salt, cumin & water. Simmer for 20-30 minutes. Raise heat to medium low and bring to a low boil. Add tortellini.
- Melt butter in microwave in small bowl. Add flour and stir creating smooth paste. Slowly add to soup stirring constantly. Cook until slightly thickened 3-5 minutes.
- Serve immediately.