I think I have mentioned to you that breakfast is my favorite meal. I just love it! This recipe is no exception to that rule!
I mean who in the world wouldn’t love fresh bread stuffed with cheesecake filing and topped with fresh strawberry sauce. Can you say YUMMY?
This would be perfect for breakfast or brunch or lunch or dinner!Print
Cheesecake Stuffed French Toast
- 1 lb strawberries washed, hulled and sliced
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 (8 ounce) box cream cheese softened
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 16 slices french or Italian bread (sliced traditional sandwich slice)
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup butter
- Combine strawberries, 1/4 cup sugar and lime juice in small saucepan. Simmer over low heat for ten minutes stirring every couple of minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool. Sauce will thicken upon cooling.
- In stand mixer on medium speed combine cream cheese, powdered sugar and vanilla. Add a little more than 1 tablespoon of cream cheese mixture between 2 slices of bread. Gently press the bread slices together. Repeat until all the cream cheese and bread is used.
- Combine eggs, milk and cinnamon in a small bowl. Dip the bread slices in the mixture; being careful to quickly coat both sides.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of butter in large skillet over medium heat. Add 2 pieces of French toast. Cook each side until golden brown; approximately 2 minutes each side. Repeat until all bread slices are cooked.
- Divide strawberry sauce over French Toast.