This beautiful Cheesy Broccoli Rice Casserole calls for fresh broccoli and real cheddar cheese. No offense to anyone but real cheese is where it is. I use the boil in bag Jasmine or Basmati rice. I think they produce the best base for this casserole and are consistent every time.
The casserole is topped with crispy panko bread crumbs perfectly seasoned with garlic, parsley and oregano. Turning on the broiler for the last 30-60 seconds ensures that the bread crumb mixture turns to a beautiful golden brown. However as I have mentioned before broilers are very unpredictable so stay close by.
Did you know that broccoli is an excellent source of vitamin C and vitamin K? Broccoli is a good carb and is high in fiber, which aids in digestion, maintains low blood sugar, and curbs overeating. So add this beautiful delicious nutritious casserole to your repertoire of great recipes. Even my tweens were gobbling this up!Print
Cheesy Broccoli Rice Casserole
This simple cheesy broccoli rice casserole is a great dinner option for busy weeknights! Tender broccoli, creamy cheese, and jasmine rice baked and topped with seasoned panko breadcrumbs.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: 8 servings 1x
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- 2 boil in bag jasmine rice or 4 cups cooked jasmine rice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 large broccoli crown coarsely chopped
- 2 large cloves of garlic minced
- 1 1/2 cups sharp cheddar shredded
- 1/2 cup provel shredded (or provolone)
- 1 can cream of celery soup (10.5 ounce)
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Cook jasmine rice according to instructions on box. Drain well and place in bottom of 8×11 inch casserole dish sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.
- Heat olive oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and cook for 3-4 minutes. Add broccoli and continue cooking for 3-4 minutes. Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
- Place veggies over rice. Add cheddar, provel, canned soup and milk. Stir gently to combine.
- In small bowl combine panko bread crumbs, oregano, garlic powder, parsley, pepper and salt. Sprinkle over casserole.
- Bake for 45 minutes at 350 degrees turning on broiler the last 30-60 seconds of cooking time.
Keywords: cheesy broccoli rice casserole, cheesy broccoli rice, broccoli casserole
Other veggies you will love!
Parmesan Crumb Asparagus