A simple cheesy veggie frittata is just what the doctor ordered for a holiday weekend. What did you fix for the 4th of July holiday? Did you entertain or did you just keep it cozy?
After the potatoes & onions have cooked for about 15 minutes and are browned on the edges throw the asparagus, broccoli and red pepper in with them. Cook for another five minutes or so on medium heat. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
Mix the eggs, egg whites, milk, salt. pepper, parsley, oregano and basil.
Pour egg mixture into the pan on top of the veggies. Add lots of cheese. I think everything tastes better with cheese on top.
Bake 20-25 minutes at 350 degrees. Do not over-bake as eggs dry out very quickly.
Cheesy Veggie Frittata
- I large potato diced
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1/2 large red pepper diced
- 5 large or 10 small stalks asparagus chopped
- 1 large crown broccoli chopped
- 4 large eggs
- 4 large egg whites
- 1/2 cup whole or 2% milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- Olive oil
- Sesame oil
- 1/4 cup asiago cheese
- 1/2 cup Gruyere cheese
- 3/4 cup sharp white cheddar cheese
- Cook the potato and the onion in a little olive and sesame oil in a skillet over medium heat until lightly browned on the edges. About 12-15 minutes. Add the red pepper, asparagus and broccoli and cook for another five minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Mix the eggs, egg whites, milk, salt. pepper, parsley, oregano and basil. Pour egg mixture into the pan on top of the veggies. Add the freshly grated cheese on top.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
- Cool for 20 minutes before slicing.