Chicken Alfredo Pasta brings golden brown chicken, fettuccine pasta and creamy Parmesan Alfredo sauce together in perfect harmony. It is easy to pull together and kid friendly.
My son is absolutely in love with this pasta. He says that I have one up on the Olive Garden. Now I don’t know about that but I do know that this Chicken Alfredo Pasta is absolutely delicious!! My whole family loves it. It is quick to come together and tastes like you spent hours preparing it. My family just loves pasta. We can’t have it all the time but we when we do we make it lip smacking good. Do you love pasta? Here are a few of my favorite pastas.
- Philly Cheesesteak Pasta
- Sun Dried Tomato Pasta with Chicken
- Bacon Asparagus Cajun Pasta
- Chicken Parmesan Pasta
- 20 Minute Creamy Mushroom Chicken Pasta
This Chicken Alfredo Pasta is a lightened up version using half and half instead of cream. Lighter on the calories and fat but full of gusto and flavor. It is the perfect supper served with a light Italian salad. I served this up tonight and the family just could not get enough of it. Be sure to read the helpful hints in the recipe as it tends to thicken pretty fast. I always have some chicken broth to thin it out if it sits a little longer than anticipated. I am sure that there are interruptions in your kitchen too! I also like to use fresh grated Parmesan as it melts and blends so much better than the powdered canister version.
Are you hungry yet? Put the ingredients for this Chicken Alfredo Pasta on your grocery list today and make yourself a delectable meal. You will be tickled pink that you can cook better than the Italian restaurants at a fraction of the cost.
- 1 box (16 ounce) fettuccine noodles
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 large chicken breasts split in half lengthwise
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 cup four
- 2 cups half and half
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese (preferably fresh)
- 1/2 -1 cup low sodium chicken broth (see notes)
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons fresh chopped Italian parsley
- Cook fettuccine noodles according to package instructions and drain well.
- Pat the chicken dry and season with salt and pepper. In large skillet over medium high heat add olive oil. Swirl to coat the pan and get it good and hot. Add chicken breasts and cook for 3-5 minutes without disturbing, flip and cook the other side 3-5 minutes without disturbing. The chicken should be a nice golden brown. Remove to plate.
- Wipe out skillet with paper towel. Melt butter over low heat. Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Whisk in flour and cook over low for about 5 minutes; whisking continually. The flour will have turned a very light brown. Slowly add half and half whisking constantly. Cook for 1-2 minutes Slowly whisk in Parmesan cheese. Add small amounts of chicken broth at a time until desired consistency.
- Add pasta and chicken to the skillet and stir gently to combine. Salt and pepper to taste. Sprinkle with fresh parsley.
Pasta tends to get gloppy when cooked to far in advance so time it where you get the best results. Do not rinse the pasta as the sauce sticks a lot better if it is not rinsed. Use small amounts of chicken broth at a time if the sauce or the pasta becomes to thick. Use fresh grated Parmesan cheese as it melts and tastes so much better.
Other chicken recipes you will love!!