Spring is on the way. Yahoooooo. I thought I heard you cheering. With spring comes plenty of ripe veggies full of plenty of nutrition your body needs. With the right recipes it is so easy to eat what you really need to keep your body operating like a fine tuned machine!
This easy Chicken and Veggie Sheet Pan Bowls are put together so quickly as most of ingredients are cooked on one baking sheet. The sauce has only seven ingredients and one of them is water. You can mix the sauce ahead of time and store in the fridge. I like to place the chicken and veggies on a bed of lettuce and brown rice but do what you dig. If you would rather skip that than just drizzle with the rest of the lip smacking sauce and enjoy. If you want to layer on a bed of lettuce than you need to do so right before you serve so the lettuce stays crisp.
Chicken and Veggie Sheet Pan Bowls combine bite size pieces of chicken, green pepper, onion, red pepper and pineapple basted with a sweet soy garlic ginger sauce served over a bed of greens and brown rice. To make it even more delectable a small portion of the sauce is saved to drizzle over the top of the bowls. Prep time on this is about 15 minutes and cooking time on this is about 15 minutes so this comes this comes together pretty quickly!
These beautiful tasty Chicken and Veggie Sheet Pan Bowls are easy, dependable, healthy and oh so delectable. What are you waiting for? Put the ingredients on your list and give me a shout. Let me know what you think!
Chicken and Veggie Sheet Pan Bowls
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1/4 cup Hoisin Sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 chicken breasts cut in bite size strips
- 1 green pepper large dice
- 1 red pepper large dice
- 1 medium onion diced
- 1 pineapple peeled cored and diced
- 8 cups greens (romaine, spinach or spring greens)
- Brown rice (I use Seeds of Change Microwavable Brown Rice Packet)
- In small bowl combine soy sauce, water, Hoisin sauce, ginger, sesame oil, brown sugar and garlic.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cover large baking sheet with parchment paper. Add chicken, green pepper, red pepper, onion and pineapple. Separate 2/3 cup of the sauce and baste the chicken, veggies and pineapple. Cook for 12-15 minutes.
- Arrange 2 cups greens and 1/2 cup brown rice in bowls. Divide chicken, veggies and pineapple evenly. Top with remaining sauce.
Hoisin sauce and sesame oil can be found in the Asian food section of the grocery store.
Other recipes you will LOVE!!