I love a good salad. To me it tastes far better than a basket of french fries and a lot healthier for you! Since the New Year hubby and I have been trying to commit to eating a little healthier but believe me we are not about to compromise on taste. Being a food blogger the last thing I am going to do is short change our taste buds. This Chicken Fajita Salad with Chipotle Ranch is no exception to that rule. It is big on taste and brings plenty of healthy vegetables and protein to the table.
Do you like chicken fajitas? Hubby and I love them. Now this Chicken Fajita Salad with Chipotle Ranch brings it all to light in salad form. Perfect for a weekend lunch or dinner. It combines lightly marinated grilled chicken, grilled peppers, and grilled onions nestled on a bed of fresh greens. It is topped with sweet heirloom grape tomatoes and spicy smokey ranch. How can you go wrong there?
Chipotle peppers in adobo sauce give the ranch dressing a wonderful spicy smokey flavor and can be found in the Mexican section of your grocery store!
So go ahead and add this to your weekly menu plans! It is everything I say and more. Chicken Fajita Salad with Chipotle Ranch is something that will feed your body and your soul!
- 1 1/4 lb chicken breasts cut into strips
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon liquid smoke flavoring
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1 cup bottle ranch dressing
- 1 chipotle pepper chopped plus 1 tablespoon of adobo sauce
- 1 large onion sliced in wide half crescents
- 1 red pepper sliced in wide half crescents
- 1 green pepper sliced in wide half crescents
- 1 orange pepper sliced in wide half crescents
- 8-10 cups mixed salad greens (I used spinach, romaine and butter)
- 1 1/2 cups heirloom grape tomatoes sliced in half
- In large Ziploc bag combine chicken, lime juice, olive oil, garlic, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, smoke flavoring, cayenne, black pepper and cumin. Allow to marinate for two hours in refrigerator turning the bag several times.
- In small bowl combine ranch dressing, chipotle pepper and adobo sauce.
- Heat grill to approximately 400 degrees. Grill chicken and veggies until the chicken is done and veggies are starting to blacken on the edges; approximately 10 minutes. Turn halfway through. Remove from grill and allow to cool for about 10 minutes. Arrange chicken and peppers on top of greens. Top with sliced grape tomatoes. Add dressing and toss.
Veggies must be cut large enough not to slip through grill. Canned chipotle peppers in adobo sauce can be found in the Mexican section of your grocery store.
Other recipes you will love!!
Barbecue Chicken Cobb Salad