Do you like Cajun food? I recently visited a delightful Cajun restaurant in Kansas City. The special of the night was Chicken La Mer. It was so delightful that I decided I needed to replicate it.
It is a lightly Cajun breaded chicken breast pan fried and smothered in a cream Alfredo sauce with shrimp and crab. Now I know all you crazy southerners are going to have one comment or another but I can take the lickings!!
It is not going to stop me from cooking that awesome Louisiana cuisine. Not now not ever. LOL!Print
Chicken La Mer
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 20
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- 2 large chicken breast sliced in half lengthwise
- Salt & Pepper
- 2/3 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 large cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 lb. cooked crab coarsely chopped
- 1/2 lb cooked shrimp coarsely chopped
- 1 cup cream
- 1/2 cup parmesan
- Salt & Pepper chicken,Combine flour, cumin, cilantro and cayenne on shallow plate. Mix egg and milk in wide bowl. Dip each piece of chicken in egg mixture and then in flour mixture. Repeat; dipping in egg mixture and then in flour mixture. Melt butter in skillet over medium heat. Cook chicken breasts in batches over medium heat until golden brown on each side. Plate and keep chicken in oven on warm.
- Using the same skillet cook garlic over low heat for 1 minute. Add cream and bring to low simmer. Cook until slightly thickened and slowly add Parmesan stirring frequently. Add the shrimp and crab and simmer until warm.
- Spoon over chicken.