Looking for a great easy deliciously delectable casserole? I got your back!
This can be whipped together in just a few minutes! You could even replace the biscuits with pastry puff dough if you wanted to change it up a bit!
So put this on the list for this week and tantalize your taste buds! Look at all that delicious goodness!Print
Chicken Pimento Casserole
- 1 eight ounce package of mushrooms quartered
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup all purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
- 1 1/2 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 cups rotisserie chicken cut in bite size pieces
- 1 1/2 cups cooked basmati rice
- 1/2 large green pepper chopped
- 4 oz. jar pimentos
- 1 five count uncooked refrigerator biscuits
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in small skillet over medium heat. Cook mushrooms until golden brown. Remove skillet from heat, and cover.
- Melt 4 tablespoons butter in large saucepan over medium low heat. Add flour and pepper. Cook until bubbly, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and stir in milk and chicken broth. Return to low heat and stir until thickened. Add cheddar cheese 1/2 cup at a time until cheese is melted and sauce is creamy and thickened. Add, chicken, rice, mushrooms, pepper and pimentos. Mix in and transfer to 1 1/2 quart round casserole dish sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.
- Top with refrigerated biscuits and bake for 8-10 minutes.