I think I have mentioned once or twice how much I love stir fry. Of course you have to be committed to chopping lots of veggies and you also have to be committed to getting the wok really hot. It goes really fast so there is no time for checking Facebook, Twitter or Pinterest. So if you love stir fry just make the commitment and take a break from social media!!
I make all of my own stir fry sauces because the bottled stuff is full of things that I do not recognize. I don’t like to put things I do not recognize in my gullet. Do you? So if you have a little patience and your attention can be focused on the wok you need to give this recipe a try.
Once you try this tasty little number take out will become a thing of the past!
Chili Sauce Chicken Stir Fry
- 3 tablespoons chili paste
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons brandy
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 large chicken breasts cut in bite size pieces
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 large onion chopped
- 2 carrots cut matchstick
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 red pepper cut julienne
- 1 yellow pepper cut julienne
- 1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth
- Chinese noodles or rice
- In large ziploc bag combine chili paste, soy sauce, brandy, ginger, Worcestershire sauce, water, brown sugar and cornstarch. Shake the bag to mix it well. Add chicken and allow to marinate for 30 minutes.
- Heat 1 tablespoon sesame oil in wok over high heat. Add onions and carrots. Cook over high heat for 3 minutes. Turn heat to medium and add broccoli. Cover and cook for 3-4 minutes or until broccoli is crisp tender. Remove lid; return heat to high and stir fry for 1 more minute. Remove from wok; plate, cover to keep warm.
- Add peppers to wok and cook on high for 2 minutes. Remove from wok; plate, cover to keep warm.
- Add 1 tablespoon of sesame oil to wok on high heat. Using slotted spoon or tongs remove the chicken from the marinade; reserving marinade. Cook chicken 3-4 minutes. Remove from wok; plate, cover to keep warm.
- Reduce heat to medium low and add marinade. Add chicken broth and bring to a rolling boil for FIVE MINUTES to kill any bacteria. Add veggies and chicken back to work and warm everything.
- Serve with noodles or rice.
Other delicious recipes you might love!
Spicy Beef & Pepper Stir Fry
Beef Lo Mein