What goes better than chocolate and strawberries? Maybe Abbot & Costello, Fred & Ginger or Romeo & Juliet! Chocolate Strawberry Cream Cake is a winning combination and a perfect special occasion cake. This beauty would be perfect for Valentines Day, Christmas, a wedding anniversary or a birthday. I am sure you can come up with a reasonable reason to bake this scrumptious cake
Are you a chocolate lover? I most definitely am. I have been know to sneak a few Thick Chocolate Chunk Pecan Cookies out of the freezer or indulge in a piece of Chocolate Pretzel Lush Cake while the kids are at school! Can you blame me? Now who doesn’t love strawberries? Thanks to California and Florida we can have fresh strawberries year round. California grows 80% of the strawberries in the United States. By October the strawberry crop starts declining in California and Florida becomes the dominant producer. By the way, have you tried my Strawberry Lush Cake? Now put those two wonderful tastes together and you have yourself a beautiful cake!!
Love this cake! I hope you can come up a semi-legitimate reason to make this happen!! After all life is short so buy the shoes and eat the cake!
Chocolate Strawberry Cream Cake
- 1 (15.25 ounce) package fudge cake mix
- 1 (3.9 ounce) package instant chocolate fudge pudding mix
- 1 cup sour cream
- 4 eggs beaten
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups semisweet mini chocolate chips
- 1 (8 ounce) box cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter softened
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 4–6 tablespoons mashed strawberries
- 5 large strawberries stems remove and cut in half (for decorating the top)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray three 8″ round baking pans with nonstick baking spray.
- In large bowl combine cake mix, pudding mix, sour cream, beaten eggs, water, and vegetable.oil. Mix until well combined. Stir in mini chocolate chips. Divide evenly between baking pans and using spatula smooth to make even. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool for ten minutes before inverting. Cool completely before frosting.
- In stand mixer cream butter and cream cheese on medium until fluffy. Gradually beat in powdered sugar until smooth and creamy. On low beat in vanilla extract and add one tablespoon of mashed strawberries at a time until desired consistency.
- Arrange cake on a stand or platter you will be serving from. Ice the bottom on top only with 1/3 of the frosting, add another layer and ice with 1/3 of the frosting. Place remaining layer on cake and top with remaining frosting. Arrange strawberry halves in a circular pattern around the cake. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Refrigerate any leftovers.
Other recipes you will love!