Making fresh pastry is super simple with frozen pastry puff. You don’t have to be a pastry chef to master this. Anyone can do it!
Just give that old pastry dough a roll out!
Give the corners a special roll back! A real special one!
Add the cream cheese mixture and a tablespoon of your favorite jam and you are almost ready for fresh pastries!
See what I mean? These are beautiful delectable treats right in the confines of your own home! No bakery necessary!!!!
Cream Cheese Pastry
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 sheet frozen pastry puff thawed
- 4 tablespoons jam
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In stand mixer beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth and creamy. Add vanilla and mix until combined.
- Roll out pastry dough just enough to remove creases and form a square Cut dough into 4 equal squares. Fold in each corner towards the center. Add cream cheese mixture to the center of each pastry; dividing evenly. Add 1 tablespoon of jam to the top dropping it intermittently and messy.
- Beat egg & water together in small bowl. Using pastry brush apply wash to the dough of each pastry.
- Place pastries on cookie sheet covered with parchment paper and bake pastries for 25 minutes or until golden brown.