This crunchy Asian Chicken is packed full of flavor right down to the tasty sweet dressing. The panko breaded chicken is baked and moist and holds up perfect even after being tossed in the sweet sesame ginger dressing. I use a combination of romaine and Napa cabbage but you could use any mixed greens and could even add some thinly sliced green cabbage. Half the fun of cooking is substituting things you love for things that maybe you could live without.
Not only is the salad delicious but you can eat this guilt free. The crispy chicken is baked and the salad is full of all kinds of wonderful good for you veggies, fruit and nuts!
Enough said. Lets eat this beautiful Crunchy Chicken Asian Salad. Yummy!
Crunchy Asian Chicken Salad
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoon fresh ginger
- 2 chicken breast cut in bite size chunks
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 1/2 cups panko breadcrumbs
- 1 head romaine lettuce torn in bite size pieces
- 1/2 head Napa cabbage torn in bite size pieces
- 1/2 red pepper cut julienne
- 2 mandarin oranges peeled and sectioned
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup chow mein noodles
- In small bowl whisk brown sugar, soy sauce, sesame oil, olive oil, rice vinegar, and ginger together. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In small bowl beat eggs. Place flour on shallow plate. Place panko breadcrumbs on shallow plate. Roll chicken in flour, then in eggs, then in breadcrumbs, Place on nonstick baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes turning halfway through. Turn broiler on last minute of cooking to crisp the chicken.
- Toss romaine, cabbage, red pepper, oranges, green onions, almonds, chow mein noodles, and chicken with dressing, Serve immediately.
Other delicious Asian recipes!
Spicy Beef & Pepper Stir Fry
Chili Sauce Chicken Stir Fry