This is one of the best beef briskets I have ever had or cooked. It will melt in your mouth. This will quickly be added to your dinner rotation. It is so easy and scrumptious you will wonder how you lived without it for so long.
This is a weekend recipe as it requires about 5 hours of cooking but it is worth every minute. It is delectable all by itself or serve over rice or mashed potatoes. Pour the extra sauce over the top and savor every bite as tomorrow it will only be a memory!
Bon appetit my crazy food loving friends!
- 3 lb flat cut beef brisket
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 large onions cut in rings
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup Kansas city barbecue sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 can fire roasted diced tomatoes (14.5 ounce)
- Preheat oven to 290 degrees.
- Add sesame oil and 1 tablespoon olive oil to heavy stock pot or dutch oven over medium heat, Add brisket and brown on both sides.
- Remove brisket from pot, cover, plate and keep warm. Add 1 tablespoon olive oil to pot over medium heat. Cook onions until starting to brown on the edges; approximately 15 minutes. Add garlic and cook 1 additional minute. Add chicken broth and scrap to deglaze pan. Add barbecue sauce, Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, brown sugar and tomatoes. Return brisket to pot. Cover and place in oven. If your stockpot does not have an over proof lid cover with aluminum foil and seal down edges around the pot.
- Cook until fork tender; approximately 4 hours. Slice against the grain if it does not fall apart while trying to slice. Serve warm with extra sauce.
Other wonderful savory recipes you will love!
Bacon Wrapped Mini Meatloaves with Asian Brandy Sauce
Chicken Fried Steak with Gravy!