Are you looking for a special treat for Easter? Something not too fancy but delectable and delish. This is easy and very pleasing. It might be just the thing you are looking for!
I am going to warn you though! It is very rich so you can slice into small pieces and have more than enough!
I whipped this up in about twenty minutes! Everyone has twenty minutes, don’t they?
- I box Betty Crocker party rainbow chip cake mix
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 3 eggs
- 8 ounces cream cheese (1 box)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1 (11.4 ounce) Easter colored M&Ms
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Grease a 9x13 inch baking pan.
- Mix cake mix, melted butter and 1 egg. Pat gently into the bottom of the pan with your clean fingers.
- Mix cream cheese, vanilla and 2 eggs until well blended. Add powdered sugar 1/2 cup at a time until well blended. Stir in coconut and 3/4 of the bag of M&Ms. Pour on top of the bottom layer. Do NOT mix the two layers together. Gently scatter the rest of the bag on M&Ms on top. Bake for 35 minutes or until lightly browned on top. Cool completely before cutting.