This family friendly Easy Beef and Broccoli is all made in one skillet and is on the table in less than thirty minutes. Crisp stir fried broccoli is paired with tender cuts of beef in a tasty salty sweet Asian beef sauce. Be prepared to have your taste buds tantalized. I like to serve this dish with Sweet Pork Dumplings or Crab Rangoon Egg Rolls.
Love this super simple Easy Beef and Broccoli Skillet. Rarely is a recipe so simple and yet so delicious. You can serve it over rice or any kind of Chinese noodles. This recipe is full of good wholesome ingredients so you can feel really good about feeding this to your family.
How do you make Beef and Broccoli?
First in a medium bowl whisk together the soy sauce, beef broth, brown sugar, rice vinegar, sesame oil and cornstarch. Set that aside while you cook the beef and broccoli. Now heat a little canola oil and sesame oil in a large heavy skillet over medium high heat. Add the beef in a single layer cooking just until browned on both sides. Work in batches so the meat is in a single layer. Once all the meat is browned move to a plate, cover and keep warm.
Now add a little more canola oil to the same skillet over medium high heat. Add the broccoli to the pan and cook for less than a minute stirring several times. Now push the broccoli to the outskirts of the skillet and lower the heat to medium low. Add the garlic and the ginger to the center of the pan and cook for about thirty seconds stirring constantly.
Then grab the sauce that you set aside and whisk it one more time. Now pour it into the skillet stirring your broccoli into the sauce. Cover the pan and simmer for just a couple of minutes to thicken the sauce and steam the broccoli. Finally add the beef back to the pan and warm for a minute or two. Serve over rice or Chinese noodles.
Tips for making the best Beef and Broccoli
- Use a good cut of beef like petite shoulder, tenderloin, strip, sirloin or rib-eye.
- Always slice against the grain not parallel with it. Cut into bite size slices about 1/4 inch thick.
- This recipe moves very quickly so have everything you need in close proximity and for goodness sake put the dog outside.
- When cooking the beef work in small batches browning in a single layer.
- Garlic and ginger cook very quickly. 30-60 seconds is all they need and stir constantly.
- If you like your stir fry dishes with a little heat add 1/2 -1 teaspoon sriracha.
- This recipe makes a lot of sauce so there will plenty for your rice or noodles.
- Do not over cook your broccoli. It is best crisp tender,
- This dish is best served promptly so prepare ahead of time with your rice or noodles.
So if you love easy wholesome recipes that taste out of this world good than this is your lucky day!! I hope you love this recipe as much as my hubby and I do.
Other stir recipes you will love!
- Easy Basic Chicken Stir Fry
- The Best Spicy Beef Pepper Stir Fry
- One Skillet Kung Pao Chicken
- Ginger Chicken Stir Fry
- Garlic Ginger Pork Stir Fry
This post was originally published October 2, 2016 and was republished October 10, 2019 with new content.
Easy Beef and Broccoli Skillet
A delicious and easy one skillet beef and broccoli stir fry recipe made with a delectable sweet and salty six ingredient gravy.
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 15
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: main meal beef
- Method: stir fry
- Cuisine: Asian
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 1/2 lbs beef steak cut in bite size slices (about 1/4 inch thick)
- 1 large broccoli crown cut into bite size pieces (about 4 cups)
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger
- In medium bowl combine soy sauce, beef broth, brown sugar, rice vinegar, 1 teaspoon sesame oil and cornstarch.
- Heat 1 tablespoon canola oil and 1 teaspoon sesame oil in large heavy skillet over medium/high heat. Add beef in single layer and cook until browned on both sides; approximately 1-2 minutes each side. Remove beef to a plate; cover and keep warm.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in same skillet over medium high heat. Add broccoli and cook for 30 seconds; stirring twice. Push the broccoli to the outside of the skillet. Lower the heat to medium low. Add the garlic and ginger to the center of the pan and cook 30-60 seconds; stirring constantly.
- Whisk the sauce mixture that you set aside in step one. Add the soy sauce mixture to the skillet. Stir the broccoli into the sauce. Cover for 2 minutes; letting the sauce thicken and broccoli steam. Add the beef back to the pan; heating for 1-2 minutes. Serve over rice or Chinese noodles.
You need a pretty good cut of beef. I use either petite shoulder, tenderloin, sirloin, tri-tip, ribeye or strip.
Keywords: broccoli skillet recipe, comfort food, skillet recipe, stir fry recipe, beef and broccoli, beef and broccoli recipe, broccoli and beef, beef and broccoli stir fry, beef and broccoli sauce, Chinese beef and broccoli