Do you like cabbage rolls but really don’t have the time or the wherewithal to get it done? Wherewithal is kind of a weird word that I pulled out of my hat. LOL! Thanks Mom!!
This Easy Cabbage Roll Skillet brings all those wonderful flavors together in a pinch. So if your time is limited and you still love fabulous hearty meals that remind you of the good old days than this skillet recipe is for you. This scrumptious recipe includes all the familiar ingredients that you find in your cabbage roll recipe; cabbage, ground beef, onions, garlic rice, tomatoes and seasonings!!
Such an easy quick recipe. Everything is cooked in one large skillet in a series of super easy steps. The chopped cabbage is placed on the top and the skillet is covered. You come back in about 15-20 minutes and the cabbage is stemmed and the rice is cooked. Now all you have to do is stir it and eat it. So yummy!
This Easy Cabbage Roll Skillet is so quick to fix that it can be prepared on a weeknight and it is so delicious that your family will be singing your praises. I hope you enjoy this recipe as much asPrint
Easy Cabbage Roll Skillet
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 can fire roasted tomatoes (14.5 ounce)
- 1 1/2 cups marinara sauce
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1 cup uncooked instant long grain rice
- 1 small head cabbage chopped
- In large deep skillet brown ground beef. When ground beef is almost browned add onion and cook for additional 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook for additional 1 minute. Add tomatoes, marinara, chicken broth, oregano, basil, onion powder, Cajun seasoning and salt & pepper to taste. Simmer uncovered for 10 minutes.
- Stir in rice and place chopped cabbage over the top. Cover and cook until cabbage is steamed and rice is tender; approximately 15-20 minutes.