I think breakfast is the best meal of the day. Do you? I love eggs. Do you? These are so delectably delicious! You will be pleasantly surprised!
See what I mean! Look at that rice and sausage nestled inside the pepper topped with egg and cheese. Who could ask for more?
Did I mention how much I love breakfast!
Egg Stuffed Peppers
- Yield: 6 1x
- 3 peppers sliced in half with seeds and membranes removed
- Olive oil
- 8 ounces all natural sausage
- 1/2 medium onion chopped
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 bag cooked Jasmine rice
- 1 can salsa style tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup provel or provolone
- Olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Drizzle peppers with olive oil, salt & pepper. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile brown sausage; breaking up. When almost browned add onion; cook 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook 1 minute. Add cooked rice, salsa style tomatoes and cumin.
- Add rice/sausage mixture to peppers leaving enough room to add an egg to each pepper. Add 1 egg per pepper and bake for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and top each pepper with 1/6 of the cheese. Bake for an additional 10 minutes or until egg whites turn and are set. Remove from oven, cover and keep warm and let set for 5 minutes.