Summer is right around corner and with it comes so many delectable salads, smoked meats and fresh fruit treats. I love it! There are so many great things to plan for like birthdays, graduations and patio parties. Memorial Day, 4th of July and Labor Day will be before we know it. What better way to celebrate than to have a load of terrific recipes like this Fresh Summer Vegetable Pasta Salad to share with friends and family.
Have you tried any of my other terrific salad recipes? Quick Easy Turkey Club Pasta Salad, Easy Chicken Caesar Pasta Salad and Roasted Vegetable Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette are just a few of my favorites. They would all be fabulous for your patio party, neighborhood soiree or holiday get together.
This beautiful Fresh Summer Vegetable Pasta Salad is loaded with fresh good for you summer veggies like red and green bell peppers, zucchini, crisp sugar snap peas and sweet grape tomatoes. It is drizzled with Italian dressing that has a little added kick to it. It is a cinch to put together utilizing your favorite bottled Italian dressing and throwing in the sugar snap peas in the final 90 seconds of the pasta boil. I can put this beauty together in about 15 minutes.
So if you are always striving to find great tasting easy to prepare healthy dishes than I got you covered. Put this Fresh Summer Vegetable Pasta Salad on your list for the weekend. It is just what the doctor ordered and leftovers are amazing and still crisp.
- 8 ounces uncooked penne noodles (about 2 cups)
- 2 cups sugar snap peas
- 1 cup Italian dressing (I use Zia's)
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1 zucchini chopped in small cubes
- 1 red pepper diced
- 1 green pepper diced
- 1 cup grape tomatoes halved
- 1/4 cup green onions sliced
- Cook penne noodles according to box instructions. Add sugar snap peas the last 90 seconds of boiling (right in with the noodles). Drain well in colander and shake to get the water and heat off.
- In small bowl whisk Italian dressing, paprika, ground cayenne, garlic powder, onion powder and Parmesan cheese.
- in large bowl combine penne noodles, sugar snap peas. red onions, zucchini, red pepper, green pepper, tomatoes and green onions. Drizzle with dressing and stir to coat.
Other recipes you will love!!