Have you heard of hasselback potatoes? Well this is its cousin hasselback chicken. You can put whatever you want in those crevices.
I decided on spinach and Gouda cheese because quite frankly that is what I like! Then it is lathered up with a little butter and herbs to keep it moist! No one likes a dry chicken!
But everyone loves a dry martini! This chicken dish is easy, delectable and consistently good! Bon appetit!Print
Gouda & Spinach Hasselback Chicken
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 25
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- 2 large chicken breasts
- Thick slices of Gouda cheese
- Baby spinach
- 2 tablespoons butter melted
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- Salt & Pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut vertical slices in chicken breasts about 1/3 of an inch apart. Do not go all the way through. Place piece of Gouda and baby spinach in each slice.
- Combine melted butter, basil, oregano, garlic powder and onion powder. Brush over chicken breast. Sprinkle with salt & pepper.
- Place in baking dish with a piece of foil cradled in the bottom to keep the juices around the chicken. Bake for 25 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees. Turn on the broiler for the last minute of cooking just to brown the cheese a touch.
- Serving Size: 2