Greek Orzo Salad is a flavor packed pasta salad that can be cooked and on the table in less than thirty minutes. It is packed full of some of natures best ingredients and drizzled with a light lemon vinaigrette. For a complete meal serve with Succulent Grilled Chili Lime Shrimp or Grilled Marinated Chicken
Finally after a long winter, summer is almost here. With it brings lots of amazingly delicious fresh salad recipes. One of my favorite summer pasta salads in this Greek Orzo Salad. This taste tantalizing scrumptious beauty is so easy to make. Are you always in a hurry? You can prepare this beauty up to two days in advance. However, hold the feta cheese, one tablespoon of olive oil and a spritz of lemon juice to freshen it up and make it look like you just prepared it.
How do you make Greek Orzo Salad?
First cook the orzo per the box instructions. Cook it “al dente” and drain the cooked orzo well. Now in a small bowl whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, minced garlic , salt and pepper. In a large bowl combine the red onion, tomatoes, cucumbers, peperoncinis, Kalamata olives, artichoke hearts, feta cheese, parsley and cooled orzo pasta. Drizzle with the lemon vinaigrette and toss to coat.
Helpful tips for making Greek Orzo Salad
- Cook the orzo pasta al dente (or slightly firm).
- Cut and chop your vegetables small.
- Use fresh lemon juice and good quality feta cheese
- This dish can be made up to two days in advance but hold the feta cheese, one tablespoon of olive oil and a spritz of lemon juice to freshen it up right before serving.
- If there is an ingredient that you dislike simply omit it or replace with something that you like.
- Peperoncinis are very mild peppers. They are packed in jars and are in the pickle aisle. You can purchase them either whole or sliced. I purchase them sliced and use the rest on sandwiches, salads and pizza.
- Go light on the salt as both Kalamata olives and feta are quite salty.
Other pasta salads you will love!
- Easy Italian Pasta Salad
- Easy Taco Pasta Salad
- Creamy Macaroni Salad Recipe
- Strawberry Avocado Pasta Salad with Balsamic Glaze Recipe
Greek Orzo Salad
Greek Orzo Salad is a delectable flavor packed pasta salad that can be cooked and on the table in less than thirty minutes.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 7
- Total Time: 17 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
- Category: pasta salad
- Method: stove top
- Cuisine: Greek
- (8 ounces) orzo pasta
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic finely minced
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup minced red onion
- 1 cup halved grape tomatoes
- 1 cup diced cucumbers
- 1/4 cup chopped peperoncinis
- 1/2 cup halved Kalamata olives
- 1/2 cup chopped artichoke hearts
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Cook the orzo per the box instructions for al dente pasta; drain well.
- In a small bowl whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, minced garlic, salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl combine the red onion, tomatoes, cucumbers, peperoncinis, Kalamata olives, artichoke hearts, feta cheese, parsley and cooled orzo pasta. Drizzle with lemon vinaigrette and toss to coat.
Keywords: orzo pasta salad, pasta salad, summer pasta salad, side, Greek orzo pasta salad