I have always loved peperoncinis. Just the thought of them is enough to send me looking for the jar in my frig. I love them on eggs, sandwiches, salads and pizzas so when Mezzatta asked me to create a recipe I knew which one of their delectable goodies I was going to pick. I was floored by the how well these Grilled Peperoncini Bacon Tomato Flatbreads turned out. As we say in the blogging sphere “Lawd have mercy!”
I was reminded of a couple of things while creating this recipe. I LOVE peperoncinis and they taste so dog gone good on a pizza! Grilled pizza is far superior to its oven counterpart! You can visit Mezzetta to experience all that summer grilling has to offer! Mezzetta Peppers are the #1 jarred peppers in the U.S., they harvest at the peak of ripeness from local farmers around the world, and bring the delicious flavors to life!! I just love their products.
Grand Prize (1): Weber® Spirit® E-310™ gas grill (ARV $499.00) + Weber® 3 Piece Tool Set (ARV $22.99) + 5 jars of Mezzetta Peppers + Summer Entertaining Kit (Cooler, Wooden Cutting Board, Apron, Towel, Beachball)
Runner-ups (10): Weber® ORIGINAL KETTLE® 18” charcoal grill (ARV $79.00) + Weber® 3 Piece Tool Set (ARV $22.99) + 5 jars of Mezzetta Peppers + Summer Entertaining Kit (Cooler, Wooden Cutting Board, Apron, Towel, Beachball)
Dates: May 15th – July 15th, 2016
This wonderful grilled flatbread combines tasty Mezzetta peperoncinis, bacon, tomatoes, mozzarella and provel into the most delicious treat. So don’t turn on the oven. Its summer get out and grill and enjoy all the bold bright flavors of this great season!
Grilled Peperoncini Bacon Tomato Flatbread
- 4 flour tortillas (8 inch)
- Olive oil spray
- 2 heaping tablespoons marinara
- 4 slices crispy cooked bacon chopped
- 2–3 small heirloom tomatoes thinly sliced
- 2–4 heaping tablespoons sliced Peperoncinis
- 2/3 cup mozzarella shredded
- 1/3 cup provel or provolone shredded
- Heat grill to 475 degrees
- Double layer the tortillas. So each pizza will have 2 tortillas. Spray each side with olive oil spray. Place tortilla on grill off to the side. ONLY ON INDIRECT HEAT! IF YOU PLACE THEM RIGHT OVER THE HEAT SOURCE THEY WILL BURN. Cook for two minutes each side.
- Remove from grill. Spread each with one heaping tablespoon marinara. Layer each with 1/2 of the mozzarella, 1/2 of the bacon, 1/2 the sliced tomatoes, 1-2 heaping tablespoons sliced peperoncinins, 1/2 of the rest of the mozzarella, and 1/2 of the provel.
- Place on grill ON INDIRECT HEAT and rotate slightly every 7-8 minutes. Cook until cheese is melted and slightly browned. Approximately 25 minutes.