This is the original Monte Cristo sandwich with a couple of tasty little twists! Do you remember this sandwich? I have added bacon and Pepper Jack cheese along with a tasty spicy sauce!
What I have created is the perfect Monte Cristo….new, tasty and delectable. Sometimes you have to put a new coat of paint on an old barn to make it shine again!
Enjoy my friends! I sure hope you enjoy my new and improved version of the original Monte Cristo!Print
Bacon & Pepperjack Monte Cristo
- Special Sauce
- 1/3 cup mayonaise
- 1 small clove garlic finely minced
- 1 green onion finely chopped
- 1/2 –1 small chipotle pepper in adobe sauce minced
- 1–2 teaspoon lime juice
- 4 slices white or egg bread
- 4 slices ham
- 4 pieces of bacon crispy cooked
- 4 slices pepperjack cheese
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Salt & Pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Mix ingredients for special sauce
- Spread sauce over 1 side of each slice of bread. Add one slice ham , one piece of bacon, and one slice pepper jack cheese to each slice of bread, Combine slices to make two full sandwiches. Cut in quarters.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt & pepper.
- Whisk egg and milk. Add to flour mixture stirring just to combine. Just like pancake mix do not over-mix.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Add butter and olive oil to large skillet over medium heat. Dip sandwich pieces in batter and turn to coat. Add to skillet and cook till golden brown on each side.
- Remove from pan and place on oven proof plate. Finish heating all the way through in oven for approximately 5 minutes or until cheese is completely melted.