Do you feel like you are constantly on the run? I usually feel like this from about October 1st through Jan 1st. It seems like there could be three of me and that is still not enough. There are just so many activities and functions. There are family reunions, weddings, trunk or treat, drama events at school and I have not even mentioned all the holiday extravaganzas. Wait till the holidays get here and then the running turns into a sprint. Quick dinner recipes are very much appreciated this time of year and this Italian Sausage Potato Hash is both fast and easy. It is the perfect weeknight meal with lots of wholesome ingredients that you can feel good about feeding your family.
This Italian Sausage Potato Hash combines Italian sausage, red potatoes, onions, garlic, red pepper, spinach, carrots and a perfect blend of spices into a quick and tasty one skillet feast. This dish takes about 20 minutes to cook and prep is about 5 minutes. I usually do most of the prep while the dish is cooking since the veggies are added at staggered times. If you don’t eat sausage substitute ground beef. If you don’t like spinach throw in some kale. As I always say don’t through the baby out with the bath water.
So if your life is crazy busy right now than this Italian Sausage Potato Hash is just what you need. Your family will be singing your praises and you will be on to the next task at hand. Put this simple list of ingredients on your grocery list and you will be ready to go.
- 1 lb bulk Italian sausage
- 1 lb small red potatoes cut in small cubes
- 2 carrots sliced in rounds
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 -1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper (depending on taste)
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 6 cups baby spinach
- Salt & pepper to taste
- In large skillet over medium low heat add sausage. Break it up with spoon and add potatoes; cook for 5 minutes. Add carrots and onions; cook for additional 10-15 minutes or until veggies are tender and sausage is fully browned. Add oregano, basil, onion powder and crushed red pepper. Add garlic and spinach and cook for additional 1 minute. Salt & pepper to taste.
Other recipes you will love!