These are delicious and relatively easy to make. I borrowed my neighbors pan because I wanted to see if I want to purchase one for myself. I was not sure that my little treats would not stick so I made a few in the standard cupcake wrapper which I removed after cooking and cooling.
Here they are!
Combine the graham crackers, chopped white chocolate and sugar in a small bowl.
Here is Melissa’s pan that I am testing. Each one of these slots has a removable bottom. So when the little cakes are done you can push them up through the hole. You will need to grease this very well…. especially the bottoms as we had trouble with a few of the bottoms sticking.
Combine the melted butter and canola oil. Blend in to the graham cracker mixture.
It should look like this when you are done combining.
Add a small spoonful of the graham cracker mixture to each hole and press lightly to form a crust on the bottom. Bake the crusts for 5 minutes at 350 degrees.
Blend the lime juice, grated lime peel and Greek Yogurt for 1- 2 minutes. Add the egg yolks and sweetened condensed milk then mix 1-2 more minutes.
Ladle the mixture into the pan on top of the tiny crusts and bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes. After cooking they will need to be chilled in the icebox for at least several hours. Overnight would even be better.
Place the whip cream and sugar in a mixing bowl and mix until stiff peaks form. Put the whipped cream in a pastry decorating bag. I like the disposable ones because then I can just pitch it when I am through. Top each cake with the whipped topping like frosting on a cupcake and top with a tiny slice of lime.
Here is how they turned out in Melissa’s pan.
Here are the ones in the cupcake wrappers. You just remove the cupcake wrappers after they have cooled in the icebox.Print
Key Lime Tarts
- 1 1/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 2 ounces white chocolate finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 3 large egg yolks
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 lime for decorating
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease the Norpro deluxe mini cheesecake pan very well or use a standard cupcake pan with cupcake liners. If you choose to use the cupcake liners spray them lightly with a nonstick spray.
- Combine the graham crackers, white chocolate and sugar in a small bowl. Combine the melted butter and canola oil. Add the butter mixture to the graham cracker mixture slowly while combining with a fork.
- Using a small spoon place a spoonful of the graham cracker mixture in each hole or cupcake liner. Press down gently to form a crust. Pre-bake for five minutes. Remove from oven.
- Combine the lime juice, grated lime peel and Greek yogurt in a mixing bowl. Mix 1-2 minutes until combined. Add the eggs and condensed milk and mix for 1-2 more minutes. Ladle in to the holes on top of the graham cracker crust. Bake for fifteen minutes. Cool in the oven for several hours or overnight.
- Mix the whipped cream and the sugar in a prechilled bowl until stiff peaks form. Do not over-beat. Put the whipped cream in a decorating bag with the cupcake frosting tip. Frost the tiny cakes and decorate with tiny lime slices.
- The Norpro pan makes nice little cakes but they tend to stick to the little circles that they cook on. The cupcake wrappers also have a nice presentation albeit different but they are much easier to work with.