Do you like limes? I love them. They are the most perfect little fruit. Its delicious nectar tastes great in desserts and cocktails and even in non alcoholic beverages! I love them in my Bloody Marys which of course have alcohol in them!!
This is a tantalizing treat for even the most discriminating palate! It is soft, creamy and sweet with just the right amount of lime juice to satisfy that tang we desire!! Have I mentioned that I love limes!
You can bake them in beautiful little ramekins and everyone can have their own little ray of sunshine!Print
Lime Pudding Cakes
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs separated
- 1 1/3 cups whole milk
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon lime zest
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Whisk flour, salt and 3/4 cup sugar in a large bowl. Whisk egg yolks, milk, lime juice and lime zest in a small bowl. Set both bowls aside.
- Place medium saucepan on stove filled with water to boil.
- Beat egg whites in stand mixer until stiff peaks begin to form. Beat in 1/4 cup of sugar one tablespoon at a time. Continue beating until stiff peaks form.
- Add the juice mixture in the small bowl to the flour mixture. Whisk just until combined. Whisk in 1/4 cup of the whipped egg whites. Fold in the remainder of the egg whites until thoroughly combined. Pour into buttered 8 ounce ramekins. Place Ramekins in metal baking pan and carefully add boiling water around the ramekins so they are sitting in a hot bath.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until lightly browned. Do not over-bake.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 30 minutes. Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- Tips on beating egg whites.
- Use very clean bowls and utensils.
- Make sure no yolks get in your egg whites.
- Bring your egg whites to room temperature.
- Beat on the second highest speed.
- Do not add any sugar or cream of tarter until stiff peaks begin to form.
- It can take 5-10 minutes to achieve stiff peaks.