Summer has so many wonderful gifts. It has been delightful so far. There was a cold front that came through a few days ago and the weather is just simply amazing. It is sunny and clear with low humidity. The nights are cool enough to start a fire in the pit on the patio and days are warm enough for shorts and t-shirts. It does not get much better than this. Of course the thunderstorms here in the Midwest can be a little wicked but with them comes cooler weather…at least for the most part! It won’t last long so I am trying to enjoy everyday to its fullest. Soon it will be hot, humid and sticky.
Fresh peaches are such a wonderful part of summer. They are in at the market now and they are so good. This Luscious Easy Peach Cream Pie brings out the best that fresh summer peaches have to offer. This beauty combines mouthwatering fresh peaches in a delectable sweet cream base capped with a crunchy topping. Like most pies it needs to sit after baking to set up. I place mine in the fridge over night making it easier to slice!
Love, love, love this Luscious Easy Peach Cream Pie! You can serve it a la mode if you like but I prefer mine without. I want to savor every single bite and taste all the peaches and cream. Have you tried any of my other peach recipes? Peach Mango Daiquiris, Mini Peach Caramel Crumb Cheesecakes, and Sweet Spicy Peach Wings are just a few of my favorites. You could easily double this recipe and serve it for a dinner party or small patio party.
Put this Luscious Easy Peach Cream Pie on your baking list! You and your loved ones deserve a treat! Fresh summer ripened peaches are in and they are fabulous!!
If you have pie weights use them in place of the popcorn. I like my peaches with just a bit of crisp to them. If you like them softer slice them thinner or dice them. You can certainly eat this pie warm but it is more difficult to slice that way.
- 1 unbaked pie crust
- 1 cup popcorn or pie weights
- 3 1/2 cups fresh peeled sliced peaches
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup flour
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 large eggs beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup butter slightly softened
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. If using frozen pie crust defrost for 15 minutes. Prick bottom and side of pie crust with fork. Cover with parchment paper and gently add popcorn kernels on top of the parchment paper. This works like pie weights to keep the crust from bubbling. Bake for 9 minutes.
- Lower oven to 350 degrees,
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 15 minutes. Add peaches to the piecrust. In small bowl whisk together sugar, 1/4 cup flour and salt. Whisk in sour cream, eggs and vanilla. Pour over the peaches.
- In small bowl combine brown sugar, 1/2 cup flour, oats and cinnamon. Using pastry knife cut in butter until mixture is crumbly. Spoon over pie.
- Bake for one hour. Allow pie to sit for several hours or chill in the fridge overnight.
Other desserts you will love!!