This family friendly tasty Meatball Soup is a cinch to make using frozen or fresh meatballs and a handful of fresh cut vegetables. It is lightly seasoned with Italian spices in a tasty beefy tomato broth. This soup is a complete meal by itself but is also delicious served with Best Cornbread Recipe or Easy Sweet Maple Dinner Rolls.
If your family is anything like mine than a multitude of delicious soup recipes are a must. At this time of the year a big bonus goes to recipes that are easy and quick. This delectable meatball soup combines onions, carrots, celery and green beans with Italian seasonings in a rich tomato beef broth together with Italian meatballs and mini Farfalle Pasta. The end result is a taste tantalizing experience for you and your family that is prepared in less than 40 minutes.
How do you make Meatball Soup?
First in a large heavy stockpot heat a little olive oil over medium heat. Add the chopped onions, carrots, celery and green beans. Cook for about 7-8 minutes or until slightly soft and fragrant. Now add the spices and continue cooking for 2 minutes stirring constantly.
Pour in the beef broth, tomato sauce, fire roasted tomatoes and meatballs. Let everything simmer for about 7-10 minutes. Finally add the pasta and cook for an additional 10 minutes. Serve promptly so the pasta does not overcook.
Helpful tips for making Meatball Soup
- You can use fresh or frozen turkey, beef, pork or chicken meatballs. They all taste good in the soup.
- I prefer fresh vegetables but frozen can be used in a pinch.
- Canned fire roasted tomatoes are tomatoes charred over an open flame before they are diced and canned. They can be found at your local grocery store with the other canned tomatoes.
- If you are going to freeze or store any of this soup for later consumption remove the portion that you are going to save for a later date before adding the pasta. Hold back a proportionate amount of pasta and add it at the time that you reheat the soup.
- Any small pasta will work like Mini Farfalle, ditalini, acini de pepe or orzo.
- For added flavor add 1-2 tablespoons of freshly grated Parmesan Cheese.
Other delicious soup recipes you will love!
- Creamy Asparagus Potato Soup
- Southwest Chowder with Cornbread Dumplings
- 30 Minute Chicken Noodle Soup
- Creamy Alfredo Lasagna Soup
- Creamy Broccoli Cheddar Soup
This delicious Meatball Soup Recipe bring meatballs and pasta together with onions, carrots, celery and green beans in a hearty beef broth that has been perfectly seasoned with Italian spices. This quick and easy soup recipe comes together in less than 40 minutes making this a great weeknight meal.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 30
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 8 servings 1x
- Category: soup
- Method: stove top
- Cuisine: Italian
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 2 large carrots peeled and chopped
- 3 stalks celery chopped
- 1 1/2 cups green beans trimmed and cut in one inch segments
- 1 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 6 cups low sodium beef broth
- 1 can (8 ounce) tomato sauce
- 1 can (14.5 ounce) fire roasted tomatoes
- 1 1/4 lbs fresh or frozen meatballs
- 3/4 cup Mini Farfalle pasta (ditalini, acini de pepe or orzo)
- In a large heavy stockpot heat olive oil over medium heat. Add the chopped onion, carrots, celery and green beans. Cook for 7-8 minutes or until slightly soft and fragrant. Add parsley, oregano, basil, garlic powder and onion powder. Cook for 2 minutes; stirring constantly.
- Pour in beef broth, tomato sauce, fire roasted tomatoes and meatballs; simmer for 7-10 minutes. Add the pasta and cook for an additional 10 minutes; serve promptly.
Keywords: chicken meatball soup, easy meatball soup, how to make meatball soup, Italian meatball soup, Italian meatball soup recipe, meatball soup, soup, meatball soup recipe, meatball vegetable soup, pork meatball soup