I love this kind of meal where all kinds of tantalizing food combos are in one bowl!
Now I have a sister who shall remain nameless and she can NOT stand her food touching. I however love it when lots of my favorite delish foods are co-mingling in the same bowl. They just seem to play so well together especially when they enter my big fat mouth!
See what I mean! The pork cooks in the crock-pot and is so juicy and tender! Served over jasmine rice and topped with all kinds of goodies! How can you go wrong!
Other Slow Cooker Recipes you will love!Print
Mexican Pork & Rice Bowl
- Prep Time: 30
- Total Time: 30
- 1 1/4 lb. pork tenderloin
- 3 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 (seven) ounce can of green chilies
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 4 chopped chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 4 tablespoons of adobo sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 bags cooked jasmine rice (Success boil in bag)
- 1/2 can of corn
- 1/2 cup sliced black olives
- 1/2 cup sliced grape tomatoes
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Place pork tenderloin in crock pot. Add garlic, green chilies, cumin, chipotle peppers, adobo sauce & Worcestershire sauce. Cover and cook for 5 hours on low or until tender enough to shred with two forks. Shred pork and place back in crock pot to co-mingle with the juices for 15 minutes on warm.
- Divide jasmine rice in four bowls, add 1/4 of the shredded pork with juice. Divide corn, black olives, grape tomatoes, salsa, sour cream, green onions and shredded cheddar among the bowls.
- You can find chipotle peppers packed in adobo sauce in the mexican food section of your local grocery store. Use the peppers and sauce from this can to fill both of those ingredients.
- Serving Size: 4